AdSense Mobile Ad

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Misty Sunset on a Mancha Plain

A couple of weeks ago I was on a AVE (a Spanish high-speed train) coming back home from Málaga. The trip lasts two hours and a half and I was pretty tired and half asleep when the sunset caught my attention. The train had just passed Ciudad Real, a city in Castilla-La Mancha, and found itself in the middle of a plain. A few kilometers away, just in front of some small hills, there was some mist that could be easily confused with a cloud. The atmosphere was incredibly clean and since the sun had just set behind the hills there was a nice luminance gradient in the sky: from a deep blue (not really caught in the shot because it's landscape oriented) to a very bright yellow and orange shades. That was really worth a shot.

The train was moving at almost 300 km/h (186 mph) and the lighting in it was pretty strong. However, I came out with a decent shot I'm sharing with you. When I took it I had a black and white picture in mind. However, the colors were beautiful and I'm going to share both versions with you.

Misty Sunset on a Mancha Plain - Color

Misty Sunset on a Mancha Plain - Duotone Sepia

If you want to see them bigger, the images in this blog are linked with the original pictures in Flickr.

No comments: