Interesting updates are the following:
- ZFS Time Slider and Songbird
- Suspend/Resume and CPU power management
- Distribution Constructor and Prototype Automated Installer
- WebStack with 64-bit MySQL, CherryPy, and DTrace for Ruby
- GNOME 2.24, OpenOffice 3.0, and Firefox 3
- Many F/OSS apps added, including top, sudo and emacs
- 700 additional man pages and Package Manager online help
The OpenSolaris 2008.11 LiveCD can be downloaded here and here.
This really seems a major improvement since the release of 2008.05 and I'm looking forward to trying myself, in which case, I'll let you know.