I decided to host some Subversion (1.4.5) repositories on a Solaris 10 (update 5) server so I downloaded Subversion packages from Blastwave and installation was done in less than 5 minutes with a simple:
# pkg-get -i subversionOnce Blastwave's installer was done, the first thing I wanted to do was registering Subversion's daemon (svnserve) in the Service Management Facility. Writing an SMF manifest is not so hard but fortunately I found a manifest and a management script in OpenSolaris website and the job was done! Great work, guys.
Next stepsYou can now:
- Read this post about how to set up Subversion as an inted service.
- Read this post about how you can set up Solaris projects or zones to control resource usage.
- Read this post about setting up SSH access to Subversion repositories.
- Read this post about how to set up Subversion post-commit hooks.
- Read this post about filtering Subversion commit using a post-commit hook.