AdSense Mobile Ad

Wednesday, June 3, 2009

OpenSolaris 2009.06 has been released


Innovate on OpenSolaris
This is the kind of news many people was waiting for: the third release of the OpenSolaris OS, OpenSolaris 2009.06, has been released. You can read the announcement here.

A quick summary of the new features, as reported from the official site, are:
If you were already using Solaris Express Community Edition you may have already tried these features. Nevertheless, I think it's time to burn a CD and give a try to this new release. Personally, I dropped OpenSolaris after trying 2008.11 for a couple of reasons (no sparse zones, incompatibility with some Sun products) but I'm really curious to try this new release: every iteration has been a great surprise and a very positive experience, so far.

As soon as I try it, I'll post a review. Meanwhile, you can download the OpenSolaris OS here.

No comments: