This is the kind of news many people was waiting for: the third release of the OpenSolaris OS, OpenSolaris 2009.06, has been released. You can read the announcement here.
A quick summary of the new features, as reported from the official site, are:
- Network Virtualization with Crossbow
- Turn any host into a SCSI target with COMSTAR
- Host virtual guests using xVM Hypervisor or LDoms
- SPARC® support for Distro Constructor, Auto Install, and Snap
- Intel Xeon 5500 processor support with deep power management
- MySQL and PHP DTrace Probes in the WebStack
- Improved usability of the package management system
- ZFS Time Slider Snapshot Management
- Contribute new applications with SourceJuicer
- Get 24/7 support with OpenSolaris Subscriptions
As soon as I try it, I'll post a review. Meanwhile, you can download the OpenSolaris OS here.